The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'd like to buy all these from preferably one seller:
Dwarf hair grass (specify if its Eleocharis acicularis, Eleocharis parvula, or Eleocharis sp belem) -ideally want enough to cover 8" diameter
Flame moss (Taxiphyllum 'flame') - large amount for covering driftwood
Either Subwassertang or Marimo -large amount to cover driftwood, would prefer subwassertang
Anubias coffeefolia- prefer longer rhizomes with more leaves and a lot of roots. Due to a disease known as rhizome rot I will insist on multiple clear photos of exact plants being sold including showing the rhizome(s) and roots.

Would appreciate photos and info on amounts available + pricing. Also tell me if you have insulation, DOA guarantee, and/or cool packs.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I have everything except for the flame moss. Instead of subwassertang I have round pellia which grows in very nicely and organized. subwassertang just gets really messy/disorderly and doesn't attach either (round pellia will though).

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I have everything except for the flame moss. Instead of subwassertang I have round pellia which grows in very nicely and organized. subwassertang just gets really messy/disorderly and doesn't attach either (round pellia will though).
I use hairnets with my subwassertang and rocks and it goes nicely, if you end up giving the plant a try.

·
Registered
5,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I use hairnets with my subwassertang and rocks and it goes nicely, if you end up giving the plant a try.
Thank you for the suggestion.

I'm still unsure which I'd want to use or if I'd do a different moss...

I have anubias, dhg, and flame moss coming.. they were suppose to be here today.. but USPS likes to [massive censoring of swears] ugh, hope they make tomorrow intact. Might need more DHG, won't know until I get my driftwood and the tank planted...will try to settle on moss or non moss (marimo or subwassertang) by then.

As a side note, looking up "round pellia" I get hits for that as an alternate name for "subwassertang"??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.