The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What substrate do you guys grow your DHG Belem in? I'm revamping my 10g and am looking to grow a carpet of this plant in the tank.

·
Registered
6,818 Posts
What substrate do you guys grow your DHG Belem in? I'm revamping my 10g and am looking to grow a carpet of this plant in the tank.
Hi Axelrodi202,

DHG Belem is an easy plant to grow. With adequate light and ferts it will do fine in most substrates except for those gravels with made with larger pebble sizes.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tend to replant stuff and tinker with the tank often. Wouldn't soil be a bad choice for that kind of situation?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
yes soil is not good for constant rescaping its best in low light tanks as you never have to disturb it an make a mess. as others have said it doesnt matter what type of sub you have what matters is the size of it and if u want inert or not. the rest is ALL preference!! even the size if preference but it wont grow into a lush full "lawn" with larger substrates.

i use coal slag cheap effective, but in reality sub is just to hold the plant dhg will even grow floating like a bog and start to have parts grow out of the water fyi.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.