The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well... just had my first experience with these lovelies and have to say I am a bit freaked out. Sat down to look at my "clean" tank from earlier today, I notice these microscopic, white filaments in the water column. At first I thought it was hair (have a white dog -- sorry Timmy lol ... always blaming the dog), then I noticed the "hair" exhibited some unusual corkscrew acrobatics and thought the pump wasn't that strong and current wouldn't cause it to undulate like that... oh boy... took to Google and after some interesting vids and articles, landed here. All I can say is I hope I can get over it asap. Most seem very nonchalant... at least I hope I have nothing to worry about right??? To think how often I've had my hands in there scrubbing away. To think of the number of times I took out the filter sponge and repeatedly hand rinsed it clean, sticking my hand in the tank to wipe off growing algae from individual plants... Wowsers... gotta go to bed now...hands are itchy ugh.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Sounds like nematodes. Nothing to worry about all all, free food for the fish! If you think they're icky, just give it a few weeks or feed your fish less. They'll be gon soon enough.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts