The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a free 29 Gallon tank and a few HOB whisper 40 filters a few months back. I started to read up on some aquatic plants and quickly found out that there was much more to know than just putting fish and plants in a tank. I saw a few low tech tank setups and realized I wanted to do something similar.

Lighting
3x23w 6500k CFL's in lamp fixtures

plants
-Java Fern
-Corkscrew val.
-Cabomba caroliniana
-Water Wisteria
-Asian waterfern (not sure if it will live)
-Cryptocoryne Balansae on the way.

Fish
-Neon tetras(6)
-Otto's(4)
-Rubberlip Pleco(1)
-Yo-yo loach(2)
-Botia Kubotai loach(2)
-Albino Cori cats(2)
(3 random fish that came with the tank and I don't have the heart to get rid of them)

Let me know what you think!

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha guess i should have cropped the pics :). what background color is good black? I was thinking black.

I did have an algae bloom when i first set my tank up but have since gotten everything under control. (also the flash on my phone made the tank look way brighter than it really is...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I understand that it "may" be to much light. I did have some algae issues at first but have since gotten my tank under control. Lights are only on 8 hours a day combined with dosing excel and my weekly water changes I don't have anymore algae issues. Not saying it wont happen in the future but it has since gotten my tank under control. Thank you all for the input!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.