The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi for some reason my defused decided to freak out on me today. It somehow got a crack in it so instead of sending up a fine mist of co2 its sending up big bubbles I'm going fish shopping sat I can pick up a new one then. Am I better to turn it off completely until sat pt let it run like it is now until sat.
Thanks
Patrick

·
Registered
557 Posts
Big bubbles, as in the co2 is shooting right to the top? If you have a chopstick or some other porous wood, that would make a better substitute until you can get a new diffuser.

·
Registered
494 Posts
big bubble won't really dissolve an co2 in water , so you might as well turn it off , remember to decrease light intensity/duration and cut down on dosing until its back on . By the way I remember when I first started with CO2 , I did the DIY thingy and i was diffusing from a chopstick from Chinese restaurant , not sure if it would work on pressurized ... but u could try , put the co2 tube on the smaller end and submerge it , may work temporarily.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks cprash and kubalik
I don't have chopsticks so ill just turn it off ill also turn the lights down thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts