The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there is a thread/sticky on all of the plant nutrient deficiencies?

The reason I ask is because it would be nice to have as a good reference to look at to find what nutrient deficiency my tank has when looking at my plants.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I second this. I'm new-ish to the hobby and it's hard to find pinpoint which nutrient my plants are deficient of. Plus, it could filter out all of the threads that would have been started if there wasn't a sticky.

·
Registered
13,609 Posts
I was wondering if there is a thread/sticky on all of the plant nutrient deficiencies?

The reason I ask is because it would be nice to have as a good reference to look at to find what nutrient deficiency my tank has when looking at my plants.
I think most of the common charts and threads often point to things that over lap and are more often than not, misdiagnosed.

A lot of it is actually having gone through it a few times and knowing yourself specific to the plant species and issue. No chart is going to summarize that experience very well over 400+ species, they behave differently. No way around that.

Google search:
https://www.google.com/search?q=Def...pSseaLAuG3gOAH&ved=0CE8QsAQ&biw=2542&bih=1423

The chart suggest CO2 1st and suggest 30 ppm is optimal, it is NOT optimal.
CO2 optima will vary tank to tank for many reasons.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I believe that other plant site has pictures of specific plants with know deficiencies. Not sure how much that might help. If the charts don't work for you, the best way to find out what's happening is to ask right here. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts