The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my 29 gallon tank set up for about a month. All the plants are from a previous 10 gallon setup I had running since last October. I'm having an issue with anubias leaves yellowing. I also have yet another diatom bloom and some odd looking dark green spots on the leaves that I can't get off. I belive the algae bloom was due to the fact I used a new strip light from homedepot 6500k daylight. I switched my lights back to the aqueon full spectrum because of this. Im currently just dosing flourish comprehensive. About 2x week and floursih Nitrogen, Potassium, Phosphorous, and Iron 1x week after water change. My plants look terrible! Any help would be appreciated. I was thinking on getting an all in one liquid fertilizer form Nilcog instead of messing around with all the little seachem bottles. I was thinking on also adding some floating plants like dwarf water lettuce to block out some of the light.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
IMO it takes more than a month for any new tank to settle.
If you changed light fixtures during this time you can start that month over from when you changed the fixture. More detail on the fixture might help.
So would a picture of the whole tank. Anubias grow very slow allowing longer for the
plant to collect the nutrients it needs. But what other plants are in there ?
If there are no other plants besides the Anubias then your dosing my work out.
Otherwise failing to follow directions on the package could short your plants some
of the nutrients they need. With some liquid ferts more than the recommended
amounts are needed because of how watered down they are.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IMO it takes more than a month for any new tank to settle.
If you changed light fixtures during this time you can start that month over from when you changed the fixture. More detail on the fixture might help.
So would a picture of the whole tank.
I just did my water change today. Here is a pic of the entire tank. Just anubias and marimo. A few stray pieces of java moss here and there as well. The light I was usin was the aqueon full spectrum but I wanted something brighter so that's when I got the phillips 6 500k daylight lamp and all the algae started. Would you recommend just following seachems dosing chart? I would have to dose everyday which I'm not a fan of. Seems like an overkill.

Attachments

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So per the picture I need everything it seems. Im thinking about just doing what I use to do with 2x week flourish comprehensive. I just dumped a lot of money in these ferts that seem to be doing nothing and I'm reading a lot of contradicting information on fertilizers and wether or not to even use them. Maybe it would be best just to let the tank go and see what happens. At least I'll still have my marimos if everything dies off!

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
I think you can dose once a week if there are only Anubias in there.
The Iron should be dosed on a different day from the Macro ferts.
It belongs/w the Micro ferts.
That deficiency chart should help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.