The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a little bit of searching on the site and couldn't really come up with the answer I was looking for. I've read mixed reviews off of Google about DB tanks, so I'd like to see what the replies are on TPT. I'm looking specifically at the 35 gallon cube.

Thanks.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I own a 60 gallon rimless reef ready cube that I purchased used and more recently a 57 gallon rimless. The high clarity glass panels they use are not ADA quality, but significantly more clear than my Mr Aqua aquariums.

I have never had any issues with them and I can them locally for a really great price (less than $250 for the 57). They do have a bottom trim which I don't mind and use black silicone.

·
Super Moderator
17,174 Posts
You likely won't find many reviews on TPT for that particular tank.

But if you use the search function, you'll find tons of information about Deep Blue Professional. Lots of reviews for various other tanks (some from myself).

Did a little bit of searching on the site and couldn't really come up with the answer I was looking for. I've read mixed reviews off of Google about DB tanks, so I'd like to see what the replies are on TPT. I'm looking specifically at the 35 gallon cube.

Thanks.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I have another brand starfire 33g cube, 20x20x20, and love it for iwagumi.
LFS primarily uses starfire glass in their show tanks and customer setups. I have to say, WOW WOW WOW. Its like HD for fish tanks.

Not that anything else is low def, but the difference is noticeable.

·
Collectoritis Patient
2,322 Posts
I've not owned one myself, but a few of the LFSs in my area carry them and the build quality seems a bit hit or miss to me. One rimless tank will look nice and another will have the panels not lined up well at all.

Try to find a LFS that carries Deep Sea Aquatics. They're a company that broke off of Oceanic and they make some rimless tanks with clear silicone that are far superior build quality for not that much more money. Like the Deep Blue tanks they do still have a rim on the bottom. Every one I've see in person is really nice quality. They make a rimless 48" x 24" x 21" that is my dream tank. My LFS has it for $469. I just don't have the room for it. :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.