The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
recently got my hands on a sweet new Half moon betta at my LFS with a 3g deep blue tank. got the rocks at a beach locally. Let me know what you guys think!

Plants:

Echinodorus tenellus
anubias batteri petite
hydroctle siborthes
nymphaea pubescens

ophiopogon japonica

Funa:

FIN the Betta.

Substrate and lighting:

Petco white tank sand
two florescent desk lights

and i dose excel every couple days

_DSC6049 by marioman72, on Flickr

_DSC6048 by marioman72, on Flickr

_DSC6046 by marioman72, on Flickr

_DSC6044 by marioman72, on Flickr

_DSC6041 by marioman72, on Flickr

_DSC6040 by marioman72, on Flickr

thanks for looking!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Looks like an amazing start! Love clean, sharp look.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
786 Posts
That is one gorgeous beta! I also love the look of the oversized rock erupting out of the tank. How is it anchored? Did you find it just like that, or break a longer rock in half?

My only suggestion would be perhaps shifting the rocks slightly to the left. But, really, it's awesome! :smile:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Unique tank - love it. Where did you get FIN and how much was he? (I'm assuming he's a half-moon betta?)

thanks apriciate the kind words. Yea hes a half moon, i got him at a LFS called aqua life for 12.50$. great store.

That is one gorgeous beta! I also love the look of the oversized rock erupting out of the tank. How is it anchored? Did you find it just like that, or break a longer rock in half?

My only suggestion would be perhaps shifting the rocks slightly to the left. But, really, it's awesome! :smile:
thanks!

The rock i found just as it was, A large beach near were i live has a piles of broken up rock that has been eroded in cool ways. lots of very nice rock in every shape and size u can imagine. all of it has a greenish hue to it, or purple one or the other. its quite interesting really i think it might amethyst mixed with slate or something along thos lines.

but as for the placement i was debating moving it slightly over but when i did it didn't look quite right. but now that its all planted i might try and move it over and see what it looks like haha. thanks for the suggestion tho always good to have a second opinion

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I really like your layout - great work! the bright green background and the bright sand with the dominate middle rock(s) all tie together well not to mention the vivid colors from your betta - great job :)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Beautiful, a planted HOB behind the central rock would look great. Maybe add a small steel sword to match the grassy planting.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I really like your layout - great work! the bright green background and the bright sand with the dominate middle rock(s) all tie together well not to mention the vivid colors from your betta - great job :)
thanks!

I bought one of these tanks with the intention of de-rimming it. They are of much better quality than the Marineland 2.5g. The black silicone gives it a unique look. I like your "overgrown" rock theme, will try something similar with mine. Good job!
yea thats the exact reason i got this tank. the black silicone really sets it off. when i first bought it i was intending to de-rim it but i didn't want to chance cracking it haha.

i like your tank, and you betta.
however, i dont see a heater or filter...
thanks marko

yea i never run a heater or filter when ever i have a betta. my other betta ive had for almost 4 years with out ether and hes happy as ever. my tanks in my house stay at about 74 degrees maybe a little warmer so theirs no need for a heater anyways.

Beautiful, a planted HOB behind the central rock would look great. Maybe add a small steel sword to match the grassy planting.
thanks, yea little steel sword would be an interesting addition haha.

·
Banned
4,901 Posts
Looks good man!

-Sent from my Samsung Note, a "Phablet"

·
Registered
177 Posts
what do you use to keep the water from getting stagnant? I have a 2gal cookie jar that just looks like a murky roadside puddle :/

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looks good man!

-Sent from my Samsung Note, a "Phablet"
thanks Han!

what do you use to keep the water from getting stagnant? I have a 2gal cookie jar that just looks like a murky roadside puddle :/
never had that problem before! maybe cause of the water changes and plant mass?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Looks great! I really wouldn't mind setting something like this up when i move. Do you just use a desk light or something that hangs above?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 50 Posts