The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after reading some posts and suggestions I recently decreased my lights and it does seems like my Cobamba is much thicker/bushy and Sagarati (grass like plant) are also growing better. For some reason algae growth in glasses have increased dramatically. I have 2 common pleco but they are not helping---must be very tiring for them.

SO whats the reason for low and algae growth.

Fertilizer DIY in very low dosage.
CO2 Yeast DIY
Light from 3 W/L to 2 W/L

Thanks

·
Registered
987 Posts
You will have to tell us what kind of algae in order for anyone to really give you an informed answer.

My guess.. Is it brown algae? :)

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
You may have decreased your light but 2 watts per liter is still a lot of light (7.4 watts per gallon). It is a lot of light regardless of the type of bulbs and fixture. With that much light you need a comprehensive fertilization routine and good stable CO2. What is DIY fertilizer? How big is the tank and how long has it been running? And yes, it will be helpful to know what kind of algae you are having trouble with.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello captain_bu and anastasisariel

The algae is green algae on the glass mainly. As of today its all over the front glass.

my DIY Fertilizer is somthing like
potassium sulphate
epsom salt (magnesium sulphate)
potassium nitrate (salt peter)
Ferous Oxide
Boric Acid
stopped using it for the last few days

DIY Co2 recently finished.i will make new bottle in 2 or 3 days
My Tank Size is 40 G. running for over 8 months.
Sorry the light is 2 Watts per Gallon (80 watts total.. 4X20W Florescent daylight)

I also have 2 additional 30W compact fluorescent which I stopped for solving plant growth problem.

It seems like my cobamba is doing really really well i am proud with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.