The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a couple of new pieces of Malaysian driftwood recently. I started to fill up the tub that I was going to soak them in with water today. I did notice a bunch of debris and very small pieces here and there of wood particles in the water afterwards. Is this normal and if so, okay to still use the wood?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I got a couple of new pieces of Malaysian driftwood recently. I started to fill up the tub that I was going to soak them in with water today. I did notice a bunch of debris and very small pieces here and there of wood particles in the water afterwards. Is this normal and if so, okay to still use the wood?
An image would help :)

Generally, depending on where you got the driftwood from, I would expect that these pieces are just debris. Try changing the water out and removing these wood particles. Do so regularly. If in two weeks you still have these wood particles being generated at the same rate the wood is likely bad. However, I would expect that the particles will die down rapidly as you change the water and when they stop being generated, you can put the wood in your aquarium.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.