The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
9 gallon flex and 15 gallon flex. Both have diatoms. 32.5 flex does not. I added some water from the store initially to help the tank cycle. Fungal issues in both tanks.Diatoms growing in both. UV sterilizer helped with the fungus, but the diatoms are a problem. I can mask the side of the 9 gallon with car window tint like I did the 15. Cherry shrimp in the 15 are helping but the 9 is struggling with only 1 ender guppy left. Hit both tanks with melafix and pimafix to deal with the fish loss. I am using some seachem phosguard to help. No co2 in these tanks. 32 flex has just shrimp and co2.

Suggestions? Both tanks are a month old. water parameters are fine and 50% water changes weekly.
This is getting frustrating now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Within 24 hours, the brown algae started growing on the rocks again. It's on the plants, and I've been trimming them to keep it off. Got phosguard in there as well. Fluorite for the substrate. Added the 5% window tint to the side of the tank that is near the window.
Ottos? Algicide? No shrimp in there yet.1 ender guppy.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Do not worry, just add few otocinclus catfish. That’s it.

Within 24 hours, the brown algae started growing on the rocks again. It's on the plants, and I've been trimming them to keep it off. Got phosguard in there as well. Fluorite for the substrate. Added the 5% window tint to the side of the tank that is near the window.
Ottos? Algicide? No shrimp in there yet.1 ender guppy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was thinking the same thing. I changed my fert from Tropic premium to specialized and noticed some green algae starting to appear in my 32. I'll do a 50% water change and reintroduce the phosguard to the tank. That should help it I hope.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.