The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
we got a ermm...report last fall at work stating that michigan wont be allowing any native species to cross the state lines in the pet trade to help prevent the transmission of VHS. So we cant get tiger musky, channel cats, sunfish ect.

I wonder how they are going to monitor the trade in bait minnows and fish stocking programs? i hope they do it effeciently the last damn thing we need is a fish plague running around.

jason

·
Registered
200 Posts
Granted I do like to go fishing with my dad now and then, I am sick of lakes being stocked witn forgien game fish, reguardless if we are in the USA or Peru or the Philippines. This needs to end, this (and too many dams not created effecively to promote migrations) is how the majority of the United States endangered animals are fishes. Restock with native fishes.
I still have yet to see a wild Muskellunge, but i have seen lake sturgen! Hooray! In wisconsin i saw this crazy fish called a "dogfish". Up in the UP Michigan, There was this little lake we used to catch small panfishes. Well, when they stocked it with Tiger Muskie(a hybrid game fish), well bye bye all fish in the lake. At least I still saw loons and beavers there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.