The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I've got a problem and I'm hoping someone can help. I came home today and found that one of my berried shrimp is pretty much dead. I wanted to know if those eggs will still hatch now that she's died. If they can be saved, is there anything special I need to do? I'm assuming they're pretty close to hatching because I can see their eyespots.

While I'm at it, I have also been having a slow die off of my RCS - something like 1 every few days (had them for a week or 2). I can't really say anything about my water parameters (no test kits :icon_redf ), but I have 2 Amanos in my tank that have been going strong for the ~2 months I've had them. If the dead RCS was stressed at all, wouldn't she have dropped her eggs? Seems like maybe I'm having similar die off problems that others have had.

- Thanks, Jon

·
Registered
573 Posts
Without a test kit for ammonia and nitrite at the very least, we really can't help you. Ammonia and nitrite, sometimes nitrate, are the most common problems. Shrimp don't like ammonia at all and tend to die in a cycling tank.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.