The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my 2nd attempt. First try had HC and hairgrass, was going well but had eventually had problem with a leak. Fixed the problem and painted the back of the Mini-M tank with black enamel sign paint.

I originally wanted this to be a moss only tank but now I'm trying a glosso covered foreground. So far have I have planted Glossostigma, Clovers and Giant baby Tears in the bg. The latter are larger than I imagined, might swap them out for something else.

Rocks are Zebra rock from AFA, and substrate is ADA Amazonia. Also DIY CO2 for now.

I dunno if I should put more soil in the tank. But I prefer how it looks this way. I've seen some tanks here with very low soil beds so I thought I could get away with it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
1 week

Didn't like the clovers so I pulled them out. Added some riccia. I'm thinking of recomposing the Giant Baby Tears in the background because they don't look so natural the way they are spaced.

The glosso is starting to grow, I can see the new roots forming. This is my first time using glosso. Looks like they are growing upwards right now. I have 36w over a 5-gallon or so tank so I think that is more than enough light to make them creep...probably too much light.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2 weeks

I sealed the inside seams with silicone. It's all buried under substrate so you don't see it. The hob filter is a cheap aqueon for now. I might be getting a new Eheim canister.

I added some more substrate to the back and planted giant hairgrass and in the middle some microsword narrow leaf. Didn't find much info on how to plant giant hairgrass, but it is growing...wasn't sure if I should trim them short first.

The giant baby tears grow very fast. Also the glosso seems to be doing well, lots of roots forming.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts