The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

After 3 years of running my last planted tank, I decided it was time for a change. The Val was getting crowded, the Anubias and Ozelot sword were way big and overgrown, and I had new ideas for things to try. Here’s the new set-up after everything was broken down, cleaned, and new hardscape added.

For the past 4 months, I’ve had a 20 long going in my garage as a grow out tank, keeping some Val going for the new set-up. A week after getting things together, I added nine Val from the 20 to the 75.

Tomorrow, my plant order should get here, and I’ll be adding some Crypts, Red Ludwigia, Dwarf Sag, and some Brazilian Pennywort.

Bump: This is one of the later pictures of the previous set-up. Looking to do some cooler, more grayish colors and tones with this new tank. Hated to rehome my Blue Marble Angel, but she wouldn’t be compatible with some of the fish I’d like to do in this new tank.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got the initial planting done yesterday:

Vallisneria spiralis
Cryptocoryne retrospiralis
Cryptocoryne wendtii
Dwarf Saggitaria
Brazilian Pennywort
Ludwigia repens
Amazon Frogbit

Lighting is two Ecotech Radion XR15FW set at 7,000K, 17% power, 10 hour photo period with 2 hour siesta after hour four. Pressurized CO2 is a Greenleaf unit.

Happy with things so far. Only one of the pieces of wood is getting very much white fuzz/slime on it, so that’s nice.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Progress on the tank, about 2 months in:

Stocking so far:
35 Neon Tetras
11 Corys
1 Dwarf Gourami
1 SAE
1 Bristlenose Pleco
1 Oto
2 Platys

Planning on getting a half dozen Rams next.

Crypts are starting to settle in nicely, and the Val is growing well. Already trimmed the Ludwigia back once. Hoping the C. retrospiralis on the right, behind the wood, begins to fill in. The others in more shaded locations are growing more quickly.

Reactions: Roboto
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.