The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Envy is coming on!!!! (;

Really nice pond! I love the stump and the pond looks really natural look.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Na, its about 3.5 to 4' deep. Doesn't get that cold here in Austin, rather Buda Texas, about mid 30's.

I have a Argentia Vieja I cant catch lol, he's evading me, and he has survived so far and it has gotten to lower 40's this past week. I think they go to the lights near the water fall..lol

It's got 45mm Goodyear liner, under neath I have about two layers of old carpet..lol Someone was throwing it out across the street , i SCORED! lol I ordered a 750gph pump, a Huge UV light (cant remember brand)..looks like a bazooka..lol I'll get all the specs later and post them. Theres a main line going to center of pond with a oval bottom skimmer, that feeds to the Savio skimmer . Both the line and savio skimmer join into a "Y" and go to 500 gallon biological bucket, where it over flows into waterfall.

I redid the waterfall three friggin time, cuz I didnt put a liner underneath, thinking I could cement and morter rocks that were pushed together to form fall. But it all worked out for the best. Did the patio and wall for about 1100 dollars.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No turtles, afraid they'll eat my koi..lol. I have around 20 to 30 6" koi with a couple that migrated from old pond about a foot long. I have my Argentia Vieja out there during the summer, but havnt been able to catch em yet.

I got all th rocks and the stump from the 3 acres I built on. I'm thinking of putting a huge log out there, in the middle.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll get in my scuba gear and look for the punture :) Unless your just reckless in the pond, the 45mm liner should do well. But, Murhpy has his moments when he raises his head..I hear ya..lol

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
hey, as far as turtles, you can get a pearl river turtle... also called a ring map turtle... they are pretty fish safe, I have one now in my tank with some small tanganyika cichlids...

F

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh really ? hmm i'll check on them, I wouldnt mind having turtles just not at the cost of losing fish..lol

what type of temps are they use to ? and foodage

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
read they eat fish..lol probably will eat more fish as it gets older. They were priced at like 119.00 , and were not available. Is there such a thing as a fish-safe turtle for a pond?

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
i just told you one... lol

they def don't eat fish I have them in a tank where my fish spawn and he doesn't eat fry... fry are easy to catch!

but if you want a fish safe turtle you can always get a fly river... they are like $700
though

side note... where did you see pearl river turtles for that much?! I paid 40 for mine.

F

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
really?! if you want them try to get to a reptile show, i'm sure they will be much better priced

1 - 20 of 23 Posts