·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dont forget to adjust your timers and clocks! :icon_smil

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Remember that since DST has moved, your computers, PDAs, PDA phones...etc won't adjust by themselves unless you patch them! I just patched my desktop, my laptop, my MDA, and my Palm T|X. =)

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
my MAC did it on its own.. smart little mac.

and I'm not going to bother with reseting my light timer... Plants and fish don't run on daylight savings.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I'm not adjusting mine either....I had mine so that it would come on when I get home from work (7am) but I think now it would be much better cause the plants would have all been in light for an hour so it would all look better when I get home.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
All of my Computers made the time change. As did all but two clocks. The appliances I need to change. Even my watch changed.

·
Registered
375 Posts
And the battle of the kids begins!!!

BAH! "It's not 8 dad, it's still daylight out! Were not going to bed!!!" UGH!

:help:

·
Registered
676 Posts
It's awful when you intend to sneak out for several hours with enough sleep time to not die at work, only to realize it's 5:34 AM, not 4:34 AM. Sigh.

·
Registered
594 Posts
And the battle of the kids begins!!!

BAH! "It's not 8 dad, it's still daylight out! Were not going to bed!!!" UGH!

:help:
Kids and pets!

Well, spring isn't as bad as the fall, when pets try to do you a favor and wake you up an hour too early!

Kids are the pits trying to wake them up an hour early for school!

Tina

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
This is the first time I've ever done DST. Someone had the bright idea to move our little corner of Indiana into the DST timezone. Before, we just stayed put and it suited me just fine.

I have thought it over long and hard, weighted the options and have decided, "No sir! I don't like it!"

Zzzzzzz....

·
Registered
286 Posts
so wait. i have XP and the time is synced with time.windows.com yet it wont change!! whats this about a patch? wouldnt that only apply to early versions of windows?

·
Registered
174 Posts
so wait. i have XP and the time is synced with time.windows.com yet it wont change!! whats this about a patch? wouldnt that only apply to early versions of windows?
Try changing the windows time server to something else. There should be a few available in the list of time servers. If it doesnt work, try windows updates and see if that makes a difference. The company I work for is running on Windows 2000 and even though we patched it still wont change. I cant go in there and change the time servers because its disabled for us.

Edit: Oh and make sure that little checkbox thingy is checked that says something like "Adjust for daylight savings time".

·
Registered
286 Posts
i dont do the windows updates. im against them cuz im a pirate :). but yes the check box is checked. there are 2 servers however the time.nist.gov doesnt work at all.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts