The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've caught the shrimp bug :icon_lol:. So now I'm trying to breed whatever shrimps I can get my hands on. Here's a pic of the tank they're all living in.

I got started with some ghost shrimps from the LPS and then moved on to some RCS from Yoink. As you can see, I've successfully bred those. But now, I want to get the CRS to breed. Unfortunately, I have only one single CRS and 3 bees (hopefully they aren't all of the same gender).

My lonely CRS. Gender anyone??

I also have 3 green shrimps, two of which are berried so hopefully I'll have some shrimplets soon :proud: (no picture)

I also have two pearls shrimps in there, does anyone know how to sex these guys?

Summary: The "let's overpopulate the tank" project.
RCS ------------ breeding
Green Shrimp --- breeding
CRS ------------ looking for a soulmate
Pearl Shrimp ---- lonely strangers (ET, look at those eyes :eek5: )

·
Registered
644 Posts
Wow! That tank looks like shrimp heaven! Haha.

Your CRS is a male. Post some pics of the bees if you can. You may have some females there.

Good luck with your breeding! :)

·
Registered
845 Posts
Nice!! When I first looked at the full tank shot, I was like....WOW! Look at all those REALLY red things. Then I realised they were RCS! :biggrin: And that pearl shrimp....LOL Love the googley eyes! hehehe :icon_eek:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone. The pearls sure do have freaky eyes :eek: :icon_wink.

I got a shot of two of the bee shrimps.. any guesses on their gender?

Bee 1:

Bee 2:

Also a shot of all three green shrimps.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks :). I got everything but the cherries from the LFS.. they had the RCS too, but at $5 each!!! so I got them from Yoink here on PT

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
NOOO!!! not all males again... I had 3 male CRS before, but two of them went cliff diving... I need to head back to the LFS and look for some more bees.. how can you tell if they're female? I've looked at those diagrams, but I still can't tell the difference. thanks

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.