The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I acquired a tiny 3 gallon planted freshwater tank from a neighbor. I had to wipe it clean because it was infested with snails. I've had a new one up and running for about 3 weeks now. I've got 2 nerite snails, 1 cory, and 5 cherry shrimp. I have a few baby plants, as well as a moderate size anubias nana, which is tied to a rock. Unfortunately, the leaves have been slowly growing these strange dark spots, and what looks like dust keeps accumulating on them as well. I've tried searching for this problem, but I can't seem to find the exact type of spots. Pictures below (sorry it's not rotated).

Additional info:

- I've been checking the water regularly, and the readings seem ok (as far as GH, KH, pH, NO2, NO3 go). Got the phosphate checked a few days ago, and they said it may be too low (didn't know it was a good thing to some degree).

- I've been supplementing with Seachem Trace and Exce.

- 10 hours of light. Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the recommendations. I swapped out the light I was given with a dimmable LED light (for planted aquariums) that sat much higher than the previous light. This seems to be doing the trick, as the majority of the spots have gone away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts