The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone else have dark brown cherry shrimp? I mean mine are nearly black with a light brown stripe down there back. I have about 6 of them in one of my tanks. I was considering separating them from my other shrimp and start breeding them so I have a nice super red strain and a nice dark brown strain.

Update: I now have a picture of one of the dark brown shrimp.

·
Registered
230 Posts
i had a "stray" in a 2.5g with dark flourite substrate, a piece of wood and spare vegetation.

found the critter when i took tank down and found that it was indeed of a very dark coloration. almost like it tried to blend in with the dark substrate and wood.

·
Banned
1,801 Posts
is this a dark cherry shrimp? because I have NO clue what this is...i know its not dark but could it be a beginning strain?

·
Registered
76 Posts
i would take some. i prefer wild type of everything. i've been trying to figure out where to get some wild type "cherry" shrimp. hook it up!

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
Yeah the ones I have are not like any wild cherry shrimp I have ever seen I think he was referring to the other posters image of a cherry shrimp he had the ones I have are dark brown and have solid coloring gonna post a picture in a few minutes
When you can put up a picture so we can see what you mean! Could be a new mutation.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts