The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a small (nano) sized centerpiece fish for my 20 Long. It has aquasoil and CO2 in it, so the pH will sometimes go to or lower than 6.0. One website said that they recommend keeping them at pH 6.5-8.0. Now, with other fish that are said to be kept in >6.5 pH, such as otos and honeycomb catfish, are doing fine in the tank right now. But the more basic leaning seems to say that they might not do well in my water. What do you think? And if you wouldn't recommend Dario dario, what would you for my tank?

·
Registered
247 Posts
The Scarlet Badis aka Dario Dario should be fine in low PH.
I've kept the Badis and all my fish in PH5 for years with no problems.

I'm looking for a small (nano) sized centerpiece fish for my 20 Long. It has aquasoil and CO2 in it, so the pH will sometimes go to or lower than 6.0. One website said that they recommend keeping them at pH 6.5-8.0. Now, with other fish that are said to be kept in >6.5 pH, such as otos and honeycomb catfish, are doing fine in the tank right now. But the more basic leaning seems to say that they might not do well in my water. What do you think? And if you wouldn't recommend Dario dario, what would you for my tank?

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
+1. The lower that better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts