The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Just joined the forum today...
I've been keeping planted fish tank for the last two years and i've always had problem wth Dwarf Hair Grass and Baby Tears.

I'm giving it another try in my Fluval Edge 6 Gallons.
I currently have Flourite Substrate and Black Sand. 7 Corydora Habrosus and down to 3 Amano Shrimps (they keep climbing out, LOL).

I've been dosing them with lil bit (not sure of how much I'm exactly putting in but dab in a cap before putting in) of SeaChem Excel for CO2 everyday before the light goes on and Mon, Wed, Friday for Floursih Complete quarter cap.

Lighting is MR11 LED 6000k Approx. 3 watts 6-11.
I also put on CFL 6500k on it from 6-11.

I've had Fluval 88g CO2 Kit from before which I'm setting up for this once I receive my bubble counter and the defuser (stock items sucked).

Anything I should be doing or not be doing?
I want to get carpet full of these suckers its only been less than a week but I can't tell whether its growing or rooting or not... I see grass floating occasionally. I'm assuming its the doing of Cories and Malaysian Snails.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Hair grass probably won't work so well with cories. They don't like to not be able to see the bottom and will uproot the grass.

As such, you didn't mention any fertilizers. Planning on dosing anything with those?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi!! Thanks for ur reply...

I was wondering why the grass was floating from time to time... I couldn't figure out if it was Malaysian snails or cories... But it was the cories afterall...

Oh I'm dosing them with Flourish Complete M, W, F and then with excel everyday until I set up the CO2.

What do you think?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.