The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a culture of Daphnia for my "small mouth" celstial pearl danios but I have never seen any type of daphnia so I was wondering which one should I get: Magna, Pulex, Moina or Ceriodaphnia dubia.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I've fed daphnia to CPD's numerous times, and even if they are too big, the babies are more than fine for them in regards to size. If you just take a scoop, you're going to get babies for sure. The adults will not spoil the water if left in there, and if they don't get filtered out, they can/will produce offspring in the tank which the CPD's can snack on at will.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've fed daphnia to CPD's numerous times, and even if they are too big, the babies are more than fine for them in regards to size. If you just take a scoop, you're going to get babies for sure. The adults will not spoil the water if left in there, and if they don't get filtered out, they can/will produce offspring in the tank which the CPD's can snack on at will.
Which species of daphnia did you feed to CPDs??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.