The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2-8-13:

11-24-10:

This tank has been running for several months. I've recently rescaped it and put in eco-complete today.

I'll be dosing Excel daily and likely using the EI schedule for ferts. Lighting consists of one 10w CFL bulb.

12-22-09:

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love your rocks! The only suggestion I would have is putting some hairgrass or something taller in the background. What kind of snail is that? She's beautiful!
It's a blue ramshorn. I'll be adding some reds once they hatch from my Mini M tank. They should mate with the single blue and hopefully pop out more blue snails.

@rengb6

Micro-sword might look good too ;p

Good start here.

Is that HC or babytears in there?
HC. It has been neglected for the last month in the previous scape so it has become a bit leggy.

If the HC doesn't come in nicely, I'll follow Church's example and plant some of my marsilea minuta in its place. Maybe a blyxa bush in the back corner behind the large stone, too.

Thanks for the comments. :)

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
12-28-09:
Added Java Fern behind the big rock. Added one Anubias petite, placement is still undecided as I am not sure if the HC will fill in nicely.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow the HC is filling in nicely! and what a cute betta! Do you think that you will add a taller background plant? Something bright green to contrast with those pretty red rocks!
The only tall plant I have is Blyxa, and even then it isn't very tall. For now, I'm just going to keep it as is and see how it fills in.

1-17-10:

Field of baby Ramshorns:

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
5-8-10:
It has been a while since I've updated this journal due to a Staghorn infestation. After a couple months of that, it suddenly disappeared and there's basically no algae in existence in this tank.

I also added some RCS filter babies and they have grown to adults. The Betta doesn't seem to chase them too much. :)

The HC is growing, though taking longer than I expected.

Tank:

HC growth:

RCS with plenty of snails:

And the Betta (he was hounding me to take a picture of him):

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I was looking at that as well.

As you stated, when I got him he was half white with mostly red fins, but now that has turned to blue and various other colors. He has also developed a blue dot right in the middle of his forehead that can be seen in the latest picture. :D

1 - 20 of 125 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.