The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just added 7 danio choprae and one mismatched orange fin danio (that got in by mistake) to my high light planted pressurized CO2 tank. Now I read on someone's site that danios don't like CO2. But I know how it is in this hobby... one persons experience doesn't always match anothers. Is anyone out there keeping happy danios with CO2, or did I make a mistake?

·
Registered
395 Posts
I personally have no clue why they couldnt live in a co2 enriched environment. I'm sure they have tollerances, but what that may be i dont know.

·
Registered
623 Posts
have had a striped danio in my tank with 2 cannisters of diy going, he is fine and now i have pressurized co2, he is showing no signs of illness, looks extremely healthy.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
maybe only if too much

Well the source I read said they didn't like "too much CO2", that it slowed them down. I think that might be true of most fish with "too much", perhaps the writer had really blasted his danios with CO2. My danios certainly don't look slow in my CO2 enriched tank right now! Thanks for your responses!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Yeah, Danios are pretty darn hardy. I would be surprised if it affected them much since they are small, they can handle higher gas levels than larger fish. I use to keep them in high light high CO2 tank and they zipped around like ever.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hmm... they are VERY hardy little guys so I can't imagine them being inhibited unless your CO2 levels were out of the park... which would probably show signs in your other fish much more intensely. Perhaps the source you read could have meant that since they love high currents which = highly oxygenated water, they might slow down a little in heavily planted tanks which are probably not going to have the heavy water movement levels they are typically "happiest" in.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.