The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve done quite a bit of research on this, I’ve got treatments and used them, after suspecting something was wrong, and identifying what it was, in this case I believe amonia poisoning (luckyly I caught this in time with thankfully no casualties) it did work for the most part and I did continue to use the treatment as advised

I use water treatment with water changes
I currently have 2 filters in my tank as I think the one it came with was a little low quality

im also getting a larger tank in case what is still happening is stress (I’ve got a 15litre tank and 7 danios + 3 amino shrimp)
With ammonia poisoning one of the symptoms is red around gills looking like blood
This is no longer the case with my danios and the other symptoms have gone too

The only thing is, when going to sleep after turning the tanks light off for the night, and turning it back on the next day, the danios have a pinkish Hugh on the scales and around the gills and just looks a little off

But then after a few minutes return to their normal stripy patters
There is also a danio who seemed like he was eating of the gravel in the tank and swimming slowly at the bottom
so I thought maybe the others haven’t been giving it a chance to eat so I got some flakes on my finger and dipped it into the water so the flakes would sink rather than float and then sprinkled more so some would float and the others would go to that but the danio at the bottom was just as happy swimming and eating the food at the top so I’m just not sure what’s going on
I also test the water but the test is a little rudimentary but tells me the tank PH is neutral at 7 ( I am investing in a better test )
any suggestions or insight into what this could be would be very much appreciated
Thank you

·
Registered
16g rimless cherry shrimp, 20g cube dwarf cichlid, 40g breeder nano community.
477 Posts
I also test the water but the test is a little rudimentary but tells me the tank PH is neutral at 7 ( I am investing in a better test )
Test your tank water for ammonia and nitrites. Most of us use the API Master Test Kit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts