The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Used to keep these guys and was considering getting them again. Currently have a 30g cube with hundreds of purple star endlers, was wondering if a big school of these danios would eat all the fry or coexist well? I鈥檓 ok if they eat some fry but would be nice if I could still get some endler fry out of the setup. If anyone has any first hand knowledge, I would live to hear some input!! Thanks 馃檪

Also With the tank being a tall perfect cube, I was wondering if a large enough school of these guys would be enough to keep them occupied/distracted enough from eating the endler fry?

Registered
I suspect that D. choprae would be likely to wipe out the endlers colony. I found this fish to be pretty incompatible with many other small species. I'm sure they would eat fry but I don't think they'd stop there. A 30 gallon cube doesn't give much space for flight from aggressive tankmates.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I suspect that D. choprae would be likely to wipe out the endlers colony. I found this fish to be pretty incompatible with many other small species. I'm sure they would eat fry but I don't think they'd stop there. A 30 gallon cube doesn't give much space for flight from aggressive tankmates.
Thats what I was afraid of, thanks for the input. Ive got a planted 56g with 8 Black ruby's and 3 Red Laser Rainbows, maybe a school of them in here would be a better fit?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts