The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
You normally only need to do about 20% water changes once a week with most tanks, I believe.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Ferts is often substituted for fertilizer(s) so these are not uncommon in the normal
post on here. But texting or entire sentences made up of these just confuses people.
So if you don't mind could you write out everything past the + sign in your question.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha sorry I didn't realize how hard that was to read haha and I'm not running ferts or co2

I've never done planted nanos only 40g+ and I was asking if daily water changes would be better the weekly/bi weekly

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
I do a 50% WC weekly in my 10g but the filter configuration keeps the incoming water from disturbing the sub(much). For that reason it may help you. But water stability is
fairly important to shrimp and fish. Not as much fish as shrimp though.
Try this site for suggestions on water change amounts/frequencies.
AqAdvisor - Intelligent Freshwater Tropical Fish Aquarium Stocking Calculator and Aquarium Tank/Filter Advisor
Mostly because it heavily depends on what/how may fish/shrimp/live things you have
in there.
You'll run into problems with algae using that much light without good reason.
Fast growing plants consume the energy. Algae will consume it if the plants don't.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Most suggest daily or every other day water changes with ADA aquasoil for first month I believe.
No fertilizer's with aquasoil for a month or two would not be unusual for it contain's them but lighting you are using plus no CO2, will likely bring algae and lot's of it.
My two cent's.
Light will drive the demand for CO2 and nutrient's .Less light,less demand.

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
I'm not a shrimp keeper, but an avid reader and fan as I would like to get some someday if I can rig up a cooler. The more experienced shrimp guys will tell you to keep water changes below 15% per week. Stability is very important. I would not add the shrimp until the substrate gets more stable.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
I'm not a shrimp keeper, but an avid reader and fan as I would like to get some someday if I can rig up a cooler. The more experienced shrimp guys will tell you to keep water changes below 15% per week. Stability is very important. I would not add the shrimp until the substrate gets more stable.

?? Saw no mention of shrimp.
I only keep cherry shrimp. Keeping them in 55 gal pleco tank ,that get's 50 to 60 % water changes sometimes twice a week .
They are thriving, but are also said to be a bit more forgiving.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.