The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok well i just started up a cherrie breeder tank its about 18 gallons. i made the canopy all by myself :D it has 4 x 13 watt spiral bulbs that seem to be doing the trick. Id love some comments. I just added some blyxa as well as some ricca from a fellow plantedtank.net er hope you like it!

canopy

cherrie

tank

tank again

thanks for looking!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the comment. I too felt before i added the blyxa it was missing some height and not to mention the tank is very tall 15 inches ! there is like 6 inches of gravel to compensaite. Originally i wanted there to be HM in the background ( its in the foreground ) and HC in the forground ( i dont have it ) but the blyxa add's a nice leaf form to the scape.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mmmmm hair algae my favourite :hihi: ill try to get a pic of how deep the tank really is in my next shoot. its got the foot print of around a ten gal mabey less 14x8.4x15 in so its actually a pretty small tank. I had a pj's card and it seemed like a cool tank so i got it. I think it would work really well for a tree frog viv if they where small enough.

EDIT : you can see how deep the substraite is in pic 3 kinda

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
ok if it feels coarse to the touch, try to remove as much as you ASAP. Clado is a beast, and it looks kind of like it. If its branched and green, its clado. Hair algae is like hair, not branched.

Edit: Nice tank btw!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
please dont tell me i have clado :thumbsdow

macro shot

this is from my 75 gal it comes and goes its coming right now. Its smooth to touch and easy to remove but there is always just a few hairs left. it also sticks to the glass.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeas but doesent fell like hair like the traditionnal hair alge im used to but what i think is hair could be staghorn i donno ?

EDIT: the tank no longer looks like this anyway i re did it. I'll photo update in a week so you can see the new scape.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have those too... Normaly I take them of the aquarium eith my hands, but now they're everywere... I have a Labeo Bicolor in other aquiarium, would it eat them?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no chances are it wont. If the other fishes in your tank dont eat shrimp try some yamato/algae eating shrimp/ amano's they work great not many fish i know of eat hair algae. My SAE's ate it every once and a while but that was it.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
amazon frogbit is the biggest one and it gets much bigger, sylvava ( sp ) natans is the medium one with roots and im unsure of the tiny species. thanks for all the comments.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
duckweed?
I think i have clado in my african cichlid tank, it is bad.
it roots to filter stems and glass. But, it is a great plant anchor against cichlids:)

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
kind of like duckweed but not the duckweed im used to it grows in like a spiral pattern first one leaf 2nd leaf on top of that 3 leaf on top ect it could be some random form of duckweed or in the duckweed family i don't really know.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
updates i got some pics of the new scape / inverts. thanks for looking

i think this is a female

and i believe this is a male

Some one is happy probabily my snails:icon_roll

another cherrie i think male

and finally the tank !

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
there are 6 for the moment i think 4-5 are females all showing early stages of eggs one is almost ready to put them in her swimmerets!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts