The Planted Tank Forum banner

Cynths Eclipse 6 and Yellow Shrimp

4401 Views 47 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  Cynth
I bought 10 yellow shrimp from aquariumluvr a week or so ago. They are doing great. As far as I can tell no losses. They are starting to color up.

Standard eclipse 6 light
Ohko stone from ADA
Fissidens glued to slate
Fissidens on wire
anubis
moneywort
unidentified crypt

The tank, an old Eclipse 6

Enjoying Shrimpball cuisine

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

· Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Nice. I got 8 about 2 weeks ago from Menageries in Toronto and they are doing good. Already have 1 the is getting saddled and considering they have been moved around a few times, thats a good sign.
Nice! Hope you get as many babies as mine are producing.

· Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I've taken a bunch of pictures, Cynth, but I can't find my camera's USB cable to transfer the photos. My Fluval substrate is dark and my light (Finnex 26W) is a 6500K, but I have several tennis-ball sized stones that are quartz-based and kinda yellow.

You need more greenery in the tank! Put a patch of moss (I like flame moss.) to the left and hold it down with some smooth river rock/large pea-gravel.

Bummer on the USB cable, I leave mine plugged in all the time so I can't lose it lol

I have some flame moss on a tile in another tank I "could" move into this tank... but there really isn't very much floor space left in this little tank. The fissidens on the slate is taking off and uses lots of room.

I have a master plan to move all these yellows to another Eclipse 6 tank that is currently running and empty. I want to change it to black substrate though with a black background first.

· Registered
5,117 Posts
Nice! Hope you get as many babies as mine are producing.
Thanks. My snowballs I picked up from Igor from GTAaquaria, have already been molting nice and have a saddled female and they are small, juvi's still, so I wasn't expecting anything from them. I have about 60 cherry babies and some CRS babies as well, so everyone seems to be doing good, except some of my cherries have a parasite infection, little white things on their heads. I am treating them in another tank with paraguard to see if I can hopefully cure them.

· Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Thanks. My snowballs I picked up from Igor from GTAaquaria, have already been molting nice and have a saddled female and they are small, juvi's still, so I wasn't expecting anything from them. I have about 60 cherry babies and some CRS babies as well, so everyone seems to be doing good, except some of my cherries have a parasite infection, little white things on their heads. I am treating them in another tank with paraguard to see if I can hopefully cure them.
Oh yea, I saw that picture you posted of that weird white stuff growing on their heads. I hope you get that cleared up quick. I haven't ever seen anything like that.

· Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Wowzas...that's a whole lotta babies....Neos grow up so fast compared to CRS huh?...

You should sell/trade them off so they keep on breeding....if you keep them all you'll reach your ceiling quick...
I wish my Crystals grew up half as fast as these yellows seem to grow. Yes I will have to start getting some of them out of this tank soon. Fall is coming so it wont be so hot for shipping them.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.