The Planted Tank Forum banner

Cynths Eclipse 6 and Yellow Shrimp

4402 Views 47 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  Cynth
I bought 10 yellow shrimp from aquariumluvr a week or so ago. They are doing great. As far as I can tell no losses. They are starting to color up.

Standard eclipse 6 light
Ohko stone from ADA
Fissidens glued to slate
Fissidens on wire
anubis
moneywort
unidentified crypt

The tank, an old Eclipse 6

Enjoying Shrimpball cuisine

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

· Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
What?!?! 4 hours?!?!...There's no holding tank for the water?

Better than me though...I schlep RO from the store 13 gallons at a time....2 5g and 1 3g bottles....

Nope no holding tank, just the slow drip drip drip for 2 hours per tank. Its sad so sad.

I'd rather set my egg timer and use my slow RO than go carry water from the store though!

· Registered
431 Posts
They look just like the ones I got from Angela! I have one of them just days from birthing and one from msjinkzd (from AC) just days from birthing also. All in all I have three different bloodlines in my Ebi.

I have fry that was hatched yesterday from the 3rd bloodline... To top it off, I have 8 females from all of the lines that are heavily saddled. It's going to be a prolific autumn, y'all!

· Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
They look just like the ones I got from Angela! I have one of them just days from birthing and one from msjinkzd (from AC) just days from birthing also. All in all I have three different bloodlines in my Ebi.

I have fry that was hatched yesterday from the 3rd bloodline... To top it off, I have 8 females from all of the lines that are heavily saddled. It's going to be a prolific autumn, y'all!

That is awesome! Do you have a picture of yours posted on TPT? I'd like to see them in an EBI, I bet the color looks so much better than mine in "natural colored" looking surroundings.

· Registered
5,117 Posts
Nice. I got 8 about 2 weeks ago from Menageries in Toronto and they are doing good. Already have 1 the is getting saddled and considering they have been moved around a few times, thats a good sign.

· Registered
431 Posts
That is awesome! Do you have a picture of yours posted on TPT? I'd like to see them in an EBI, I bet the color looks so much better than mine in "natural colored" looking surroundings.
I've taken a bunch of pictures, Cynth, but I can't find my camera's USB cable to transfer the photos. My Fluval substrate is dark and my light (Finnex 26W) is a 6500K, but I have several tennis-ball sized stones that are quartz-based and kinda yellow.

You need more greenery in the tank! Put a patch of moss (I like flame moss.) to the left and hold it down with some smooth river rock/large pea-gravel.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.