The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many newbies here were asking questions, and I myself have some as well.

If you dont know already:icon_smil - I converted a 29G Biocube SW to FW.

I have lightly plants in there - a handfull of Java Moss, a VERY tall Jungle Val, and another I forgot the name of (haha) - I have 2 Cory's in there right now.

I also have a 65 Gallon established FW - which is not planted.

My new tank was running for about 5 days, then I realized I should do a water change but by introducing water from my established tank into my 29Gallon....what are thoughts on this? Should I do something else instead, or continue doing that every couple of days?

My tank has been "cloudy" for about 3 days now, and I am waiting for it to clear. I do not like using chemicals to do so, but this should clear soon right?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Get the media from the 65...RINSE it (sqeeze it) into the new tank. Get as much crud as you can into the new tank. In no time you will have BB growing in the new filter media.

There is very little to NO BB in the water column.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Get the media from the 65...RINSE it (sqeeze it) into the new tank. Get as much crud as you can into the new tank. In no time you will have BB growing in the new filter media.

There is very little to NO BB in the water column.

I can just swap the two sponges...? Also - take the satchel with carbon from established tank and swap it with new satchel in new tank...

Those two things should help right?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.