The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've been doing work on my 2.5 nano. Recently I decided before the end of the summer I'm going to add a pair of clown killifish and I quickly found they like to jump. I instantly concluded I should add a lid, the only issue is the glass pane that came with the tank leaves no hole open for the Azoo Palm Filter that I ordered for the tank. Is there a way to cut this to make room for the filter? Or is there a mesh cover I can pick up somewhere that will cover the tank as well and is easy to cut a spot for the filter?

TL:DR

Is there a way I can cut a piece of glass without ruining it or is there a lid option that allows a space for the tank filter while keeping fish from jumping?

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I may be wrong, but I think Lowe's stocks clear acrylic in two thicknesses. I haven't checked in years. I doubt even the nicest guy at Lowes will cut a small piece of the thicker of the two for you, but if you have a friend with a table saw...........

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Find in the yellow pages a shop which has salt water tanks/fish. They use egg crate
to make shelves in those tanks and you can talk them out of enough for a 2.5g tank.
You can easilly cut it for the filter.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Use the needlepoint mesh. You can get it at Hobby Lobby or Joanne Fabrics. One is softer and one is a little more firm. Very inexpensive. I use it for moss walls.

I have two 2.5's. I need to nip the corners on the glass lids for my airline and heater cords, but I've been lazy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.