The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, as this is gonna be my go to thread for shrimp pictures as well as for this awesome lucky find,

Left side: Has changed and is now for some reason a really big picture. I'll replace it soon

Right side:

There were two holes in the tank, so I went down to home depot, got some plugs, and fixed them up:

All my fun fluval 404 stuff:

Full tank shot:

What's gonna go in this tank? Secret. Try and guess. I bet you might already know ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tank now as of 12/18/11:

Go to page 2 for more pics!

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
Sweet score! I really like the one on the right. I contemplated keeping that one in my keepers stack :) As far as substrate goes. I really like the fluval shrimp stratum so far. Iv'e been using it a few months and it works nice. 0 Ammonia! When I added it to 3 of my tanks I did a full substrate swap with all my shrimp still in the tank. 1 water change to help clear the water column and in the morning it looked like it had always been there.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The one on the right is actually two pieces in one ;) I combined it with another piece just to make it have more branches. I really like it too.

I had Fluval stratum in my one tank, but I've been reading mixed reviews and don't want it to effect my shrimp breeding. It's fine in my one tank but you never know, apparently some batches are bad.

Everyone, try and guess what shrimp I'm keeping!

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Decided on New Aquasoil Amazonia Multi-type and bought 9 Liters of it yesterday. Really wanted some Up Aqua sand but couldn't get enough. Ahh well, extra week of daily water changes and I bet it'll be fine.

Well... can no one guess what kind of shrimp are going in here?? Aura blue is partially right, however there's another component!

Might get Black tigers instead of aura blues though. Also, I don't know if the picture in the beginning is too big or not, I thought I resized it... if it's too big let me know.

·
Shrimpsanity
3,052 Posts
Ding! Well, possibly a ding, cuz I'm not sure yet :p But probably.

Noooo! They're all caridinas, they'll interbreed! lol

In other news, getting my substrate this week hopefully so nothing new with the tank till then. But I will leave you guys with a picture of a baby shrimpy:

Taiwan Bee pinto maybe? Or just SSS CBS? You decide, because I have no idea. He is in my TB tank though.
SSS Hybrid?

How are they going to interbreed? You have dividers.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Decided on New Aquasoil Amazonia Multi-type and bought 9 Liters of it yesterday. Really wanted some Up Aqua sand but couldn't get enough. Ahh well, extra week of daily water changes and I bet it'll be fine.
+1 on the Up Aqua sand it is really nice, I have it in one of my tanks and the dark grey color and uniform size contrast very good with crs.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SSS Hybrid?

How are they going to interbreed? You have dividers.
I'd say SSS hybrid but none of my shrimp in that tank were SSS and it's got the little dots pintos have sometimes. Hey, I can dream.

They'll interbreed because I only have one divider in the middle, so I can only keep two caridina species in the tank. My TBs are different because they have their own tank.

+1 on the Up Aqua sand it is really nice, I have it in one of my tanks and the dark grey color and uniform size contrast very good with crs.
I already ordered amazonia :( You should've told me sooner! It doesn't matter cuz I couldn't get Up aqua sand anyway except for Micro, which I didn't want.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I tried to get some from Liam, I guess you got the last batch... grr lol

Well I'm getting another 15 shrimp from a bud of mine next week or whenever the tank is set up, he's helping me out with it :) Guess what they are??

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Haha I wouldn't tease anyone... I'm just making a little hype. :tongue:

Any hints would just make it waaaaaay too obvious. And it is pretty waaaaaaay to obvious as it is. Not gonna give it away though, I'm steadfast on that.

I wish I could put up a pole because I'm seriously in a down mood right now over this. Black tigers or aura blues?? I can't decide, argh

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Haha I wouldn't tease anyone... I'm just making a little hype. :tongue:

Any hints would just make it waaaaaay too obvious. And it is pretty waaaaaaay to obvious as it is. Not gonna give it away though, I'm steadfast on that.

I wish I could put up a pole because I'm seriously in a down mood right now over this. Black tigers or aura blues?? I can't decide, argh
Blue Auras.

Black Tigers aren't going anywhere.

You can get some Blue Auras, test them all out for us and by the spring time you can have a growing population.

You can be the pioneer of North American Blue Auras. ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.