The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i build this tank originally for a pair of Amazon tree boas i had for a while... well i got board and i started to make my own background for it and im making it into a sweet tank... i dont know what im going to keep in the 4 inches of water there will be... please help with stocking post what you think would be cool... and yes the egg grate will be covered with some real rocks and the rest with that foam stuff and i will paint over it and what not(open to all ideas please post them here!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

first picture is the front view (viewing view) of the tank
second picture is my pluming (yea it works REALLY good
third picture is of the holes i drilled in the back of the PVc so the water will come out pointing towards the back of the tank and trickle down the wall

·
Banned
2,214 Posts
Neat, depending on humid you keep it (idk I'm not a frog person) for the foreground on that little egg crate ledge you might be able to tie some aquatic moss to stones and let it grow into the water. I think that would make for a nice effect.

·
Banned
2,214 Posts
Go with taiwain and flame moss, I've heard they do really well in emersed form.

·
Banned
2,214 Posts
Supposedly it retains its upright form, but I've only heard second/third hand, I've never grown it emersed myself.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
that would be SICK... does it just have to be humid for it to do that or what??? im going to try it once im done... but seeing as i have no money... it might take a few weeks...

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i think i can have some fish i her guys... i put in 10+ gallons of water arnd it was still below my attended mark (red) on the glass... so do you think that would be okay??

·
Registered
632 Posts
i think i can have some fish i her guys... i put in 10+ gallons of water arnd it was still below my attended mark (red) on the glass... so do you think that would be okay??

I don't see why you couldn't have some micro fish and some shrimp in there....

·
Banned
2,214 Posts
What's the footprint of the tank?

you might be able to keep a few guppies or endlers.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Man this tank looks like it's going to be awesome. Curious what pump is that on the bottom? Did you just go to your local store and find the right size PVC piping to do this. Job well done though I must say!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yea haha hey guys i just want to say someone with no brian can do this... FYI im 17 haha but yea ive been doing this for like 5 years... yea i went to the local hardware store and put the whole thing together right there and cut it right there so i knew how it would look... i dont know what filter it is... ive had it for about 8 years now (for my first water fall tank) and the sticker that said the brand fell off(ill still look at some others i have and tell you)

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i was up there a week ago and thats why im starting to do this tank haha nice call... there tank is just CRAZY out of control

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
here are my updates... i added a heater and connected the pump(cant get a picture) but i painted the wall and added gravel today... no water till tomorrow mid day...

first picture is the whole tank...
second picture is where the water will come out which is at the very top
third picture is the intake for the filter... its at the bottom left hand corner of the tank
fourth picture is the middle foam part and just to show you the bottom section sense it got cut off in picture number one

·
Fear the Swamp!
2,512 Posts
Looking good, this tank is starting to take shape. I look forward to seeing the hardscape and plants in there soon.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts