The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I was wondering if this light on a 60P would be able to grow a carpet with pressurized CO2? Would it be considered medium light? Or would you guys recommend the plus? I'm hoping to grow a carpet of some sort, DHG, Monte Carlo etc.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Spec sheet says the non-plus version PAR measurement is 15 @ 12", and that is really low I wouldn't consider for planted tank at all. my MC grows in low light and non-co2 tank except slower and tend to reach upward. IMO Plus or non-plus, neither is as good as your T5HO to grow plants as indicated in your journal.

http://current-usa.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Satellite-Comparison-V3.pdf

·
Registered
35 Posts
Plus will not be enough for carpet plants, I tried it for a few weeks and my dwarf hairgrass was not doing well at all. I just recently returned the regular satellite plus, and bought the current satellite pro. It is MUCH brighter, and designed for heavily planted tanks, highly recommend it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I picked up the non-plus version and it was dim even at 9" in my 12g long. Returned it and got the plus version and its more than enough and I dim it and grow monte carlo just fine. I'd imagine it would be perfect for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.