The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using this on my 55 gallon tank for about 8 months now and though it is a very nice led, I haven't really had much growth to speak of. I'm just using a few of the modes that are already preset on there. I used to get more growth out of my old Aquaticlife T5HO fixture honestly. And less algae.

Any ideas on what I should do?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Change your lighting schedule, height, adjust your ferts/co2, etc. Plant growth is not limited to just lighting but it is possible your LED isn't in the correct spectrum range that your plants like...

·
Registered
13,080 Posts
I'm using the the preset colors that are white and blue. Length of the fixture is 48-60 inches. My tank is a standard 55 gallon so the dimensions are 48x12x21.
The plus (not PRO right) is 30W
and PAR is:

Probably 1/2 those numbers at 14".. At 21" you are a bit low and less than a 2 tube t5ho...
which is like 108W..

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes it's the plus. Okay so what should I do? It's all confusing. I know there is settings to change the different colors of red, green and blue under the different non-preset modes, but I'm not sure what I'm getting myself into with that lol

I feel like I need a much simpler LED fixture with one or two modes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.