The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thoughts on Current USA’s new Serene line for planted tanks? Anything else in that price range you’d suggest I consider?

Background: I’m setting up a 180 with a sump (a waterbox 220.6) and it gets delivered in the next 2 weeks. Though I have experience in freshwater and marine, I’m a newbie to serious planted/aquascaping. I’d like to be able to do med/high light demand plants and install CO2 once I get a bit of experience under my belt. Wrestling with lighting decision right now. Aesthetically I’d like to get low profile lights that mount horizontally. Though I want to do this ‘right’ the Kessil level LED’s are out of my price range. I’m looking at the Current USA Serene Sun because it comes in a 72” format and includes 660nm in it’s specturm (like Kessil’s and ADA lights). I’ve also looked at using two 36” Fluval Plant 3.0 LED’s but it doesn’t have a spike at 660nm (does that even matter?) or Finnex Planted+ 24/7 but that requires trying to mount the two 36” LED strips side by side. So - any thoughts on the new Serene line for planted tanks? Anything else you’d suggest I look at? Many thanks in advance for your insights and advice.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.