The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the new Current Satellite Plus 48" on my new 55, and it truly is a fun and stunning light. However, when using the remote, I am unable to turn off the lights from any of the six upper (and main) pre-sets--I touch the off button, they blink once, and then stay on. Now, all of the "specialty" pre-sets (moolight, dusk, etc.) do turn off easily with one touch. It's only mildly inconvenient, and customer service at Current said they'd send a new remote. I'm just wondering if anyone else has encountered this?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I encounter this among other issues with the remote. I really wish they put a little bit more effort into "practical functionality" with this light. With all the amazing features this light has, their IR protocol (remote functions) could use alot of work. I'm still scratching my head on why add all these sweet features with no way to automate anything without a semi complicated arduino setup.

Sorry for the rant lol. I really love this light. I just hate the wasted potential.

sounds like i should contact them about my remote as well.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, they responded to my email from the warranty section of their website within hours. They said it was a remote malfunction and sent a new one out via USPS. So far I like the yellow, or full-specturm, button the best. From all I have read, this should provide enough light for low to medium light plants (I'm figuring a bit over 18 inches deep with the substrate). Thinking Anachris and fern moss stuff to start with. We'll see how the new remote does. I would like to add the ramp timer, though I understand it only works from the major pre-sets.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the new Current Satellite Plus 48" on my new 55, and it truly is a fun and stunning light. However, when using the remote, I am unable to turn off the lights from any of the six upper (and main) pre-sets--I touch the off button, they blink once, and then stay on. Now, all of the "specialty" pre-sets (moolight, dusk, etc.) do turn off easily with one touch. It's only mildly inconvenient, and customer service at Current said they'd send a new remote. I'm just wondering if anyone else has encountered this?
New remote arrived, and it does the same thing as the old remote. Namely, you cannot use the off button to turn off the first five upper presets. For some reason, the sixth--the dark blue pad--allows the turn-off. So, I have to switch to one of the specialty settings then press off. I can live with it I guess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts