The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have lots of RCS in my low tech planted 10 gallon. They seem to be doing well, I started the colony a while back with 4 or 5 and now there's at least 30 I'm moderately guessing. I saw 5 berried females as of today. I'm wanting more color, more redness. How do I go about culling? And also, what do I do with the less colorful shrimp I'm removing?
Also, my shrimp don't seem as big as ones I see in pictures here. How long for them to reach full size? Perhaps it's just that I'm seeing these amazing macro shots that make the shrimp look big. Though they look bigger in the videos I've seen also...
The ten gallon is my only setup at the moment.
Tips? Thanks!

the addiction continues...

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
I would scrap the cherries and get yourself some Painted Fire Reds or Supreme Reds. These are cherries that have been selectively bred for the red color.

If you do want to cull you can always sell them or just feed the shrimp to some bigger fish. Not many people are in the market for regular cherries though which brings me back to recommending PFR.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I would scrap the cherries and get yourself some Painted Fire Reds or Supreme Reds. These are cherries that have been selectively bred for the red color.

If you do want to cull you can always sell them or just feed the shrimp to some bigger fish. Not many people are in the market for regular cherries though which brings me back to recommending PFR.
I agree. If you are going to keep the cherries i feed my culls to the angelfish. They love the treats. i also use them for my cory eggs. i put them in the breeder box with the eggs and they keep them nice and clean. it's a win win situation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.