The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok heres my situation. i just got 3 of these guys and they been doin great. untill i hooked up the new co2 system. its pressurized co2. i started out at 1 bps but 2 of the 4 tanks in this system the fish started goin to the surface so down i went. but they didnt seem to recover. so i put them in the other heated tank where the fish were doin good. it took a while but 2 of the 3 recoverd. the 3rd is floating he fights to go down gets to the bottom then slowly starts to float back to the top. i really hate this but if he goes they are still under warrenty but i just dont want it to happen and i dont know wut to do if there is anything i can do. he is in a large net at the top of the water where bubbles are commin up from the air wand i put in there to get the co2 out faster. hopefully it will help him recover. in the future if this happens again wut can i do?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i have been reading and read that, if u had a needle, u could poke it in his swim bladder and let some air out. is this true. i mean i dont have a needle (not a common household product) but i could get some. dont know if he will last that long tho.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I don't now that there's anything that you can do to treat a swim bladder disorder. It happens all too frequently with fancy goldfish and the "common wisdom" is to put some epsom salts in the water for its laxitive effect but that wouldn't be appropriate in the amounts needed for a freshwater tropical fish. It never worked on the goldfish anyway.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well somehow a co2 overdose caused this. but now the fish is fine now all acting normal. ty tho

1 - 4 of 4 Posts