The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Equipment
  • Aquatop 2G 8" Cube
  • Coralife 9/18w light fixture (using it as 9w)
  • Red Sea Nano filter
  • Cheap window tint
  • Two Little Fishies NanoMag

Scape
  • Aquasoil II Powder
  • Hollow stump

Flora
  • Anubias nana petite
  • Fissidens fontanus
  • Hydrocotyle japan
  • A piece of moss that I don't know the identity of (came with the shrimp)

Fauna
  • Crystal Red/Black Shrimp - ~16 S-SSS adults plus a new batch of babies
  • Albino Red Ramshorns

4-27-14

·
Registered
5,738 Posts
Nice looking tank, did you harvest the petite from you 0.9?
What's up with the plastic tubing of the filter intake? Looks like...mold?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice looking tank, did you harvest the petite from you 0.9?
What's up with the plastic tubing of the filter intake? Looks like...mold?
Hey AA.

The petites came from my Mini M.

The tubing may have mold and/or algae in it. I set this tank up 2-3 months ago and I cleaned the filter tube at that time, so I imagine it is just algae. My 2.5G tank's filter has the same stuff in it. Either way, the shrimp are happy so I'm happy. :) And, as it so happens, another of my CBS just became berried today.

·
Registered
5,738 Posts
If it was cleaned then setup I'd guess its algae instead of mold. Gratz on the berries lady hope your tank is fully of tiny crawlers soon^^

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
6-1-14

Mmm, dusty blinds.

Anyway, at least three batches of eggs have hatched so now there are quite a few little ones running around and playing in the Fissidens, of which has fluffed up very nicely. I was expecting the CRS to be a challenge to keep but so far they are breeding as fast as my RCS. I am fine with this...

We can see the pet limpet (aka the white dot) on the front glass eating some GSA or whatever limpets do. I manually added it and a few others into the tank in hopes of getting a colony in the tank, as I think of them as mini Nerites due to their love of eating GSA. Contrary to my initial thoughts, they squish easily. On that note, I've added my trusty Olive Nerite to the tank. You can see him cleaning the outflow of the filter.

I moved the filter to the center of the back rather than the far left since it hides the intake tube. AA should be pleased by this. :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts