The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yesterday i went to aqua forest and saw some low iron tanks called crystal vu with really nice silicon work and nicely priced too. so anybody got any info about them couldn't fine anything online. they said they been selling them for few months now

·
Carpe Diem
7,563 Posts
Did you happen to write some sizes and prices down? Thx.

v3

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
ada 90p $500
crystal vu same size $350
I'm going there tonight to take look at the crystal vu version of 90p to decide if i like it enough to buy it. so can check more sizes

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just brought back a new tank i decided to go for crystal vu since there is no difference to talk about between that and ada. there was a sticker on the tank saying yi ding aquarium so after little googling it looks like they might be the manufacturer of ada aquariums or if not than its definitely so close that people will have hard time to tell a difference. they were sitting next each other with ada 90p so i had a good chance to compare it
here is some prices of some of there smaller tanks as promised
45x27x30 $64 sale price 57
60x30x36 $106 sale price 89

·
Carpe Diem
7,563 Posts
Pretty good find. Thank you for the heads up and the legwork.

v3

G

·
I recently just picked a 10 gallon up from aquaforest and started a new tank with some migrated plants and some new glosso. LOVING THE TANK. It definitely looks like an ADA tank. It even looks semi cleaner because you can remove the clear vu braning.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey guys,

I just wanted to chime in and let you know that I too stock CrystalVu aquariums. We are Aqua Lab Aquaria, located in Mountain View, CA in case going to San Francisco is trouble for you.

CrystalVu manufactures all the same metric sizes as ADA. Cubes, and rectangular aquariums.

Please contact me via PM or feel free to leave a message at (844) 2**78-25**22 (remove asterisks, of course). I will g

·
Premium Member
4,840 Posts
Wish someone made a 180-P but cheaper.
Out of all my trying to say ADA is worth the money, or at least has resale, I feel like the 180P is the most overpriced tank ever. I think most said they paid like 10,000 or so, I can find one (out of stock) for $6,800 but once you include shipping and all that, who knows. I find the tank to be too long for the height but still, I think you could get someone to make it for less. Honestly, I feel once you get past the 60P size, the silicone work doesn't stand out but at something almost 10 times the size, I really can't tell a huge difference from a nice rimless to a regular rimless, say Oceanic.

·
Banned
3,261 Posts
I saw the Crystal View 60cm a couple months back at AFA. The glass panels wiggled a lot due to the spacing between the panes. I'm sure it will hold up but it was a lot of wiggling.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Out of all my trying to say ADA is worth the money, or at least has resale, I feel like the 180P is the most overpriced tank ever. I think most said they paid like 10,000 or so, I can find one (out of stock) for $6,800 but once you include shipping and all that, who knows. I find the tank to be too long for the height but still, I think you could get someone to make it for less. Honestly, I feel once you get past the 60P size, the silicone work doesn't stand out but at something almost 10 times the size, I really can't tell a huge difference from a nice rimless to a regular rimless, say Oceanic.
Yeah I hear ya. The silicone work on my CAD 90P is nice and matches ADA quality but the tank is so big I don't even notice it. Plus I paid $300 for it brand new. The dream though is a 72x24x24 rimless. Maybe someday when I am ready CAD can make one. Although just thinking about the design for the light gives me a headache.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Yeah I hear ya. The silicone work on my CAD 90P is nice and matches ADA quality but the tank is so big I don't even notice it. Plus I paid $300 for it brand new. The dream though is a 72x24x24 rimless. Maybe someday when I am ready CAD can make one. Although just thinking about the design for the light gives me a headache.
There is a company that makes them & quite comparable to ADA & Others
In Chinese though.
In Canada we can get them @ approx. 1500.00 CDN
maybe you can find a distributer in the US, they are well made tanks, I currently own 2 of the smaller ones - 79 gln & 25 glm.

http://aquainspiration.com/nproductdetail.asp?PIN=AT&PNAME=AI&PSIZE=CB1806060&PTYPE=Starfire Tank

1 - 13 of 13 Posts