The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My CRS whites are becoming clear and I believe may be due to a couple of reasons. What are your inputs? I have a few but I'll like to hear yours and the possible solutions to fix this.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's your water parameters?

Are you using RO or Tap water?

Any remineralizers or other water additives?
i use tap water. last i checked my ph is around at 7, gh ~150 mg/L , kh ~40 mg/L, no2 & no3 almost at 0. No additives or fertilizers lately. I feed the max breed pellets and usually just let them graze whatever is in the tank. I hear spinach is good for them but haven't tried that yet.

I soon will be having mineral rocks just for the purpose of whitening. im hoping that'll fix them.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Your GH is way high, that's 15 dGH, your kh is high, as is your ph. Not to mention max breed pellets should probably be supplemented with other foods.

Stop using tap water, invest in an RO unit or buy RO water by the gallon, lower you GH to 5, your kh to 0-1, and your ph to about 6.5

·
Invert Warrior
3,886 Posts
Your GH is way high, that's 15 dGH, your kh is high, as is your ph. Not to mention max breed pellets should probably be supplemented with other foods.

Stop using tap water, invest in an RO unit or buy RO water by the gallon, lower you GH to 5, your kh to 0-1, and your ph to about 6.5
That's just over 8 DGH.

The second graf is right on though. Those are ideal params for most CRS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts