The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pruned my tank on a whim today, AGAIN, and now I have a bunch of crypts I need to get rid of. Since the plants are free floating I need to give these away asap. If you're in Lincoln NE and would like some crypts, let me know.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Give me until the end of day and if no takers, I will ship.
I never have before and that's why I didn't offer. Just wrap them in a damp paper towel like a cigar, ziploc bag with air and put them in a USPS flat rate box?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Give me until the end of day and if no takers, I will ship.
I never have before and that's why I didn't offer. Just wrap them in a damp paper towel like a cigar, ziploc bag with air and put them in a USPS flat rate box?
That's it. Simple as pie, well easier than pie really lol.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Contrary to my presence here I am far from being a plant geek, so I'm not entirely sure. I actually got these from another one of our members here years ago. I'm attaching a picture of my tank that may help. Is be curious to find out myself, especially that purple variety.
The plants are much more developed than what is in the pic.
If anyone else would like some, please speak up. I don't want to keep them free floating more than I have to.
Pm me your details.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I still have a few left if any of you want these.
I have two very large plants left, about 16 inches tall and a handful of smaller ones.
The smaller ones are $10 shipped but for the larger ones I'll have to use the $10 flat rate box so $15 shipped.

·
Registered
184 Posts
FB,

I wanted to note how generous you are being. I did want to note, while most people here are good folks, please be aware that there are a few - usually short termers - who are not. As I understand it, you are just charging for shipping... I would be VERY LEERY of reimbursing shipping costs to anyone. If you know that you are shipping healthy and vibrant plants (which your pictures suggest), you are as capable as a 6th grader of prepping and packing (and I know you are...), then do not let anyone stick you for shipping charges for a free plant. Lol, at that point, you are being rewarded for your kindess with a negative cash flow. After all, if you did things right on your side, then let them work it out with USPS... remember, lots of stupid things can happen that would not be your fault - package is pierced (and so is your bag) and things dry-up, it sits on a porch for 5-hours in blistering heat before they bother to take it in, etc.,.

In short, you are being more than kind... if someone wants you to take a close-up pic or pic of what comes in a package, that's fine - on the front end, that's reasonable... just do not let the few bad apples here, see your kindness and not just get great plants, but make you pay for shipping to boot.

~Tyger (Michael)~

PS: I am not implying anyone who has asked you questions here is a bad apple or asking you how much is a handful... I would ask too... I am just referring to your own "if not happy, reimburse..." what is essentially shipping. Ciao ~T(M)~

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
I'd say about 5 plants?
If you don't like what you get I can always reimburse you.
I was asking just to understand the genrous offer. Now trying to figure out where they might go???

I agree, you're basically doing a RAOK. Most everyone here in an adult and they understand things can go wrong outside the sender's control. It's still summer common sense says heat could be a problem.

·
Registered
9,100 Posts
Great deal and nice work offering it.

Just FYI here is how I ship plants. Take a papertowel/newspaper and dunk it in the tank the plants came out of. Then squeeze it till it stops dripping. Next tank the plants out of the tank/water and put the straight into the papertowel/newspaper. Fold it up nice then put it into a ziploc baggie. Close the bag up except for a small portion on the left/right side then squeeze out as much air as you can (not only do you want the plants to stay moist but also minimize the movement in the bag and also the box. It can year up some plants!). Seal it up and your good to go.

·
Registered
87 Posts
A HUGE box of Crypts arrived yesterday and, despite the 107F temps, every single plant was lush and healthy, no wilting or melt at all. Agree with above commenter, this was a RAOK although not labeled as such. Thank you so much! Fishbone singlehandedly made getting back into the hobby painless.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.