The Planted Tank Forum banner

Cryptocoryne sp 'Pahang Barat'

3263 Views 33 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  Crispino L Ramos
Cryptocoryne sp affinis* 'Pahang Barat' grown emersed and bearing a spathe for the first time in two years.

http://s544.photobucket.com/user/CrispinoRamos/library/Cryptocoryne sp Pahang Barat

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Collectoritis Patient
2,323 Posts
I am usually reluctant in posting some of the rarer plants since it usually leads to 50 PMs with everyone asking where you got it or if you can sell it to them LOL.
This. :D

In this case though affinis 'Pahang Berat' Metallic Red is fairly easy to find on the forums for sale.

· Registered
13,610 Posts
This. :D

In this case though affinis 'Pahang Berat' Metallic Red is fairly easy to find on the forums for sale.
I've found C affinis to be one of the tougher to grow Crypts emergent however.
I've done it, but it was troublesome compared to many other species. Grows like a weed under water.

A very popular plant back in the 1970's. 1 st Crypt I ever had.

· Collectoritis Patient
2,323 Posts
I've found C affinis to be one of the tougher to grow Crypts emergent however.
I've done it, but it was troublesome compared to many other species. Grows like a weed under water.

A very popular plant back in the 1970's. 1 st Crypt I ever had.
I totally agree. Every affinis I've tried to convert to emersed has melted on me.

I'm pretty certain that Crispino grew this submersed though.

· Saddletramp
156 Posts
[/URL][/IMG]

Hopefully an affinis 'Metallic Red' spathe photo is attached.
They are grown emersed at a pH of about 8. They are not a specie that is given any special care.They do not seem to be a problem to grow but do not flower frequently.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.