The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something I've never noticed before, The Crypts in my Fish/Shrimp tank with a specific "shrimp" type substrate, (UpAqua shrimp substrate), my C. Undulata and Wendtii are all pushing up a small thicket of whitish roots surrounding their plant's crowns. I also have a larger C. Spiralis that is not exhibiting this growth. I suspect this is normal, but I'd like to think the buffering nature of the gravel has something to do with this type of root growth. ?

·
Registered
42 Posts
happens to me in neutral gravel substrate too. I'm ripping out most of my crypts as they've got completely out of control. Just don't let them go a year+ with never trimming them. The "crown" area is bigger than a softball on mine. It's going to pull up a ton of mud when I do pull it. I'll probably let the sprouts that will inevitably come up stay, and just keep pulling them up once they get four or five leaves. But never let a monster grow again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.