The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Don't have a picture of mine. They looked great at first, but quickly turned bronze. I can't tell them from the bronze wendtii at all any longer. I think that's common,but maybe someone has found the right combo of parameters to keep them looking "sunsetty".

·
Registered
927 Posts
I have florida as well and after it was in the tank awhile it ended up looking just like plain old bronze wendtii.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Everyone I have ever talked to seems to have the same experience. I have been told that the bright colors is only of emmersed plants.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Sometimes high light turns plants red and pink. I've had the same fertilizer regime for a while but when I upgraded to 4.8 wpg the plants that turn red really brightened up quick! Just a thought :)

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
This is from Florida Aquatic Nurseries

Description:

Cryptocoryne wendtii 'Florida Sunset' will be released to the aquarium trade for the first time in very limited quantities starting in January 2009. This plant was first selected in 2006 and since then we have worked with it to pick only the best specimens to increase our stock. It has taken three years and plenty of patience before we were ready to release this plant. Never before in the Aquarium industry has a single plant displayed as many different colors as Cryptocoryne wendtii 'Florida Sunset' with colors ranging from many pink shades to white and golden mixed with green. This plant is a selection from Cryptocoryne wendtii 'Mi Oya' and shares the same easy to grow traits as its parent. Medium to high light light will help to make the leaf colors brighter but this plant will flourish under all lighting conditions. No two plants are exactly the same, so having multiple plants in a group will give you many different color combinations. Whether you are looking to add color to your aquascape or need a new plant to experiment with, this is a must have aquarium plant for everyone. Availability for Cryptocoryne wendtii 'Florida Sunset' will increase over time.

·
Canon pimp #002
4,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the info, 150EH

That's disappointing. I was all excited about getting a few pots of it until now...
Me too... Oh well, I have too many plants as it is.... Wait a minute, what am I saying? One can never have to many plants! :icon_twis

·
Canon pimp #002
4,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Might I suggest C. nurii 'Pahang'? It's getting more common now, easy to grow, and nice colors/patterns.
Already have one coming thanks to speedie. :cool:

I believe he is shipping it out tomorrow, so I'm guessing it will be here Wednesday or so.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.