The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Can someone give me an idea of what kind of crypt this is?

Definately still in emmersed form when I got them. Now 2 months+ later, they still look rougly the same, no signs of usual long and soft submersed form (as usual to softer crypts).

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Perhaps it is not a crypt at all...maybe it is Lagenandra meeboltii ...IMO if it were a crypt it would have melted off in the immersed/submersed transition process.

·
PT Biologist
3,220 Posts
It's a crypt, looks like the green variety of walkeri so it must be wendtii green or walkerii var. lutea. You'd have to pull one and get it to flower for a semi-certain ID.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
you have to admit...it likd of looks like it could be Lagenandra meeboltii :icon_mrgr

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Partially transformed, I'd say, unlike the other crypt I have along with this one.

Crypts does not always melt into submersed form. Some just transform their leaves longer and softer... quite puzzling actually.

@SCMurphy,
Yep.. that is the ultimate proffesional way to ID a crypt. Not now perhaps, the spot will be bald if I pulled it out just like that. Perhaps another specimen from the market will do.

·
PT Biologist
3,220 Posts
@SCMurphy,
Yep.. that is the ultimate proffesional way to ID a crypt. Not now perhaps, the spot will be bald if I pulled it out just like that. Perhaps another specimen from the market will do.
Just one plant, not all of them. :icon_lol:

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, of course just one. I'm not going to start a crypt nursery nor start collecting crypt right now :icon_lol:

Anyway, growing crypts emmersed and observing the flower is known as the best way. Crypts after all are fersatile plant, the appearance vary depending on nutrient, water level, water chemistry and lighting level.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts